Monday, June 4, 2012

The Burning Tree

As I had stated in my last post, the thing that I miss the most about not having my computer is being able to blog. The best time for me is early morning after being refreshed from God's Word. The house is all quiet and there is space to think.

One other thing that I do miss though is being able to edit my photos! This promised photo needs enhancing badly. I dared not get too close to the tree at this point, as burning branches were falling off. On the computer I am using today there is not way to crop and edit this photo so you do not really get the full effect. Being that it was a very drizzly, dark morning, this is a drizzly, dark photo too. Sorry. I will at least post both of them.

Oh, and THANK YOU ALL for your comments! Wow, how fun it is to read them and just know that you're all out there. I'm sorry this one is so short, but I am doing this one from work, so can't take alot of time (though they do allow it). Thanks for checking in to Darling Hill.



4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!That is sooo scary. Falling, burning branches. Gulp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely is scary. I'm sure you were as careful as could be getting these pictures, but it was definitely a dangerous situation and so unusual. Thanks for posting these. Hope you get your computer back soon! I don't miss mine much when we go on vacation, but I would miss it if I couldn't use it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I guess you are still without your computer. Did you get a final 'diagnosis' at Best Buy? SOOO glad you bought that insurance. I just haven't done my blog for some time. Getting ready for our Village meeting tonight and so many little things that I have neglected the blog. Trying to get my quilt done for new baby girl expected in June. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time a story comes by us it seems we are without internet a bit or up to 2 weeks last year. I do miss being in touch also.

    I was going to say have you ever tried http://www.picmonkey.com/about for working on your photos. I am not real computer savvy........well not at all, but I do all my cropping and enhancing on this new site. Used to use picnik......they quit so now I use this. I really like it and it's very easy.

    Love your words......healing balm to the soul.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete