Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Choose Faith

"Wherefore, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us; looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb. 12:1-2

The Lord blessed me from the reading of Hebrews chapter 11 today, "the faith chapter". The old testament saints endured cruelties and trials and they stepped out by faith to face them. God reminded me that there is nothing that can come into my life that has not been faced by someone else at one time or another and that His hand is over all things that come my way. The first several verses in chapter 12 are what my reaction to the facts of chapter 11 should be. Jesus, Himself, endured the ultimate trial for me. He had to be separated from His Father for the first time, because of my sin! What a wonderful relationship was made possible because of our Lord's sacrifice. He is the only bridge that can carry us back to the Creator, God. He has reconciled any who will believe and accept the gift of salvation. I'm so glad that God loved us this much, even though we were sinning against Him, aren't you?

As I read about the early saints who wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, dwelling in caves and rocks of the earth. Some were sawn asunder for their faith, not accepting deliverance. What rest we can have in the Lord! I face nothing like these early saints did. If I have a mouse run across my floor, I don't rest until it's dead. If my tub leaks (like last week) over my kitchen counter I think the house is falling apart. If we do not have enough money coming in to have the taxes paid up by September, I worry until the payment is made (God always provides it). How foolish and petty most of my little "trials" are. I am glad that the Lord is patient with me and remembers that I am dust. I picture a loving face, smiling and saying, "I love you, Cyndy; now trust Me and keep believing that I will see you through." Believing Him is a choice. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve..." (Joshua 24:15). I am reminded to profess to Him what my answer will be. "I will be loyal; I will serve Thee." I read another interesting quote (though it is a side-note), "Will to be loyal-and give other people credit for being loyal too". ~Chambers

Psalm 37 is one of my very favorite chapters from the Psalms. Each verse addresses some different area of life. Listen to the verbs; fret not, delight, commit, trust, cease from, rest... The Bible covers all areas of life. I am thankful that it is a Living Book and it never gets old!

I'm so glad you visited Darling Hill today. I'll leave you with some pictures of "rest". I hope that you, personally, have true rest in your soul.


"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way..." Psalm 37:6

No comments:

Post a Comment