Friday, June 14, 2013

A Sunny Rainy Day Thought...

"It does not matter what my circumstances are, I can be as sure of abiding in Jesus in them as in a prayer meeting."  - a quote I read today

How true! If I only expect God to be at "excitement point" all the time, there is none of the serenity of the life hid with Christ in God there.

"Abide in me, and I in you; as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can  ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:4

In 1 Peter 2, I was reminded this morning that I was redeemed with the precious blood of Jesus and that He "was manifest in these last times for you, who by Him do believe in God that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God." (I Peter 2:20, 21)

What a wonderful reminder that I must be as serene in my walk whether on the mountain top with Him or way down deep in the valleys. It is ashamed that a Christian can ever get "bored" with life on any given day. We have a wonderful God to serve! It should show that He is really a REALITY in my life all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment