Monday, December 9, 2013

A Warm Kitchen, A Snowy Day

The snow is gently falling and the ground outside my kitchen window is blanketed in white. Before starting the dishes I switched on yet another message from Pastor Allison from Madison, Alabama. God has laid on my heart to take any opportunity where my hands are busy in the kitchen, to listen to His Word. Oh, how we need our hearts revived; daily, our minds renewed in the Scriptures!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater; so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth; it shall not return  unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." 
Isaiah 55:9-11  

We had a blessed Lord's Day! God is answering prayer in so many ways. More than ever we need revival in Christian's hearts and to go out to the lost, filled with His Spirit. I tried to post our Pastor Rhodes' Sunday message. When I got the CD home, it was blank. The wonderful message was from Romans 1:9. "God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit..."
No man may ever know what God is doing in the depths of each of our hearts, but God is our witness (which can be a blessing and a warning, combined). The verses Pastor shared concerning serving in the spirit were precious. I pray that I can get the message on CD and Pastor has agreed to let me share it with you via the blog.

A warm kitchen; 
snow on the windowsill; 
the sweet sound of God's Word 
and the smell of cranberry muffins... 

I pray that you have a blessed day in Him, those of you who are "IN Him". I pray for those readers who have not this precious relationship with our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. God is "near at hand" and ready to save any who will call upon Him in truth.

Ruger wants us to come out and play!

The entrance to Darling Hill on a snowy day last year

1 comment:

  1. mmmmnnn cranberry muffins.That picture of your mom above is still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete