Wednesday, May 21, 2014

God is Building His Church

Our little devotional, Feature, has had a series on love lately. The verses have been a blessing; and  yesterday's, from I Corinthians 13, again a realization of how important to be sensitive of my attitudes and motives in reaching out to people in 'love'. God alone can give us the right kind of love, by His grace.

God is everything:
Revival certainly must begin in the individual desiring and praying for it. Since praying for this, one thing God has shown me is how small I am. He is everything. Any work (in the privacy of home or in public), outreach, revival in churches, whatever, is all done by HIM. All we can do is pray, pray, pray and give out God's Word.

Jesus' love is an unspeakable gift! We can't express what it means to Christians in words!
I'm thankful that today's excerpt reminded me of Is. 55:11, that God's Word does not return void. I can try with all my might to make someone hear or believe, to no avail. Sow the seed, give out God's Word; pray, pray, pray and let God do the work. God is still saving souls!
Lord, help me to love people as you love them! Please, increase my faith.

These were wonderful reminders today.

“Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift” II Cor. 9:15


No comments:

Post a Comment