Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Planting and Showers

I love it when it sprinkles while you're planting stuff! My neighbor, Deborah, asked me to stop up and divide some of her hostas, which are PLENTIFUL on the shady side of her garage. They're HUGE!
I took Syd's truck over, divided several, loaded them in and even helped myself to some composted manure that she said that she no longer needed. What a blessing!


In front of our house gets afternoon shade, so I thought they should do pretty well here.
As you can see, an unruly paper mache (spelling?) chicken has invaded the garden.


I put another up on the bank, and there are still more, waiting in the wings. With the damp day I expect they'll be fine till tomorrow. Another friend, Evelyn, gave me the hens and chicks. Someday I will take a picture of her stump that is just OVERLOADED with them.


The bank still looks quite wild, especially due to the strawberries that are plentiful (and I hope, fruitful this  year). I've never had a gerbera daisy actually bloom while planted in the ground. I was happy that this one to the right is doing well. I'm enjoying the flowers on the bank more than I did the veggies that we'd had in the past. We moved those to where they'll be getting more afternoon sun now.



We have no idea where this kitty came from. He/she (I hope it's a "she") sits on our log below the house and doesn't seem to be bothered by us. The neighbor said that it was on her porch the other night, talking to her.

And then there's Ruger and all the burdock. Anyone want to dig burdock root? We have lots!



Sturm keeps his eye on everything too
We hope you are all having a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by Darling Hill.

1 comment:

  1. Guess you will be making lots of burdock art :)??
    If you ever need more hostas we have TONS and they really do need dividing but I told Hannah we would wait till fall so they wouldn't be ugly ... though it might have to be next spring as I really won't be bending come fall :).

    ReplyDelete