Thursday, June 26, 2014

Joy Cometh in the Morning

The rains have surely been plentiful! It makes me pray for those who may be going through low times in their lives right now. We can certainly claim the promise that, "Joy cometh in the morning", from Psalm 30. I think of those who have lost their closest loved one, as we know many these days. I pray that they just remember that the sun will come out again.

Last night on our way to church, Mom listened to us as we rejoiced in the rain that is replenishing our dug well. She patiently responded with, "Yes I'm sure there are many who have dug wells that are glad for this rain." This is when the thought struck me, two or three days of rain are harder for those who are physically alone. It reminded me to pray for them more.

Christians, those who have taken Jesus as their Savior from sin, have an even surer hope. The Lord will snatch us up to meet Him in the air, perhaps today! We will ever be with the Lord. In the meantime, if it is not today, the sun will come out again!

I'm looking forward to the sunshine this afternoon too. In the meantime, Lord, help me to remember your promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment