Saturday, June 11, 2011

Flowers in the Rain

I am not thinking very straight this morning, and with the pressures of the day before me ( have to be at work in 1/2 hour and must have everything I need with me to make an appointment afterwards, without coming home first).

I am still reading in John 15 about "abiding in Christ".  It strikes me that, no matter where Christ was placed, He was abiding in his Father.  He did not choose his circumstances yet was the perfect example of abiding that there could be.  No matter where my circumstances take me today, as a believer, I can abide there with Christ.

This is not a very profound statement, I know, but it helps my frame of mind this morning as I get ready to head into the day with ailing sinuses; pressures from within, pressures without.

It's raining again on Darling Hill, so I thought I'd take a minute to post these beautiful little pictures of wildflowers which I've taken here.  The Painted and Red Trilliums have now gone  by.  My friend, Dottie's, Gram (and others that I have now heard of) call these "nosebleeds". The Columbine are just coming into bloom now.  We have pink, blue and red ones here on the Hill.

I hope that if you're experiencing rain in your life today, that you can see the flowers along the way.
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment