Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Mists are Lifting

It's Sunday morning and quiet here in our house.  I stayed with my mother last night and this morning as we looked out over the expanse of trees, the heavy mists were beginning to lift out of the deep valleys.  I think it is one of Mom's favorite sights, as she says,"the fog is beginning to lift", every time we are together viewing it.
Doesn't it look just like a lake?  It's such a heavy blanket of mist, laying down in what was formerly, "Mill Village", here in our town.

I just finished up writing out what I am studying with my Sunday school class of 7-12 year olds.  This leaves little time for blogging, and I doubt that I'll get to writing anything substantial until this afternoon.

This is my favorite time of day.  Even Ruger stayed upstairs this morning while I had my time in God's Word.  This is unusual, as he is usually waiting there on the rug, expectantly, for the minute I lay the Bible down; ready to jump to his feet, favorite pull-toy in his teeth!  It's like when you're shopping (for me, at a Thrift Shop, which is like a treasure hunt!) and you know there's someone outside, like my hubby Syd, waiting in the car.  We experienced this just yesterday.  It was a new shop that Mom and I had never been to.  It was FULL of interesting things, which can't be simply scanned but must be inspected quite carefully.  We enjoyed seeing all the little things, touching them, taking them from the shelf, often to set them back or hang them up again.  We bought a few little things, but left the store a bit hastily, knowing that poor Syd and Ruger were waiting in the car.  Alas, when we opened our doors - they were both asleep!  Our shopping experience cut short because we let our expectations rule!  It's a silly illustration, and not one that I dare "spiritualize" at this time.  Time simply doesn't permit, and perhaps nothing really applies.  It was a funny experience though and probably similar to one you've had yourself.

Coffee has just stopped dripping and I hear the guys stirring upstairs.  I do believe I'll close for now and get ready to leave.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday morning and I'll be back later to check in and chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment