Monday, June 13, 2011

Up and at'em!

"Up and at'em"- I heard that often growing up.  Mom would holler it up the stairs, along with "shake a leg".  That's what I'm doing right now, getting up and at'em.  Ruger's munching his food down and Syd just left for work with a lunch that leaves something to be desired.  I had no meat, or anything really substantial to put in it today, so I included a hefty portion of his black bean salsa!

It's my favorite time of the morning, when the house is quiet.  The rain is still falling softly outside and the heater came on!  I suspect it's because we forgot to turn it down, as Syd was sick and chilled yesterday. Yep, it is turned down now. 73 degrees in here!

We go into a week that we know nothing about.  Only the Lord knows what will happen to us, and for that I'm thankful.  Tomorrow I hope to go to work in the morning then take a friend to lunch, driving lessons with my neice in the afternoon - but, I just don't know that these things will happen.  Today, after my second job I plan on taking a walk up on the Hill and a ramble through the woods with Mom.  "My times are in thine hand", Lord.  I step into the unknown with you.

My little oxalis is sitting on the windowsill.  Yes, I brought it in again!  It's rained for days and been dipping down into the high 40s sometimes - "poor little oxalis".  Its 7 tender stems are still waving bravely and look really strong, probably because I did put it outside for several days.  Any suggestions?  I suppose if I just plant it out there I would find out.  The blossoms have completely gone away now.  I'll keep you posted.

Well there are things to do before I get ready for work - "UP and AT'EM" everyone!
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment