Monday, June 13, 2011

Weeding Frenzy

It was a wonderful day for weeding!  Yes, I did get to come home from my second job and go up to Mom's (you'll know what I mean if your read this morning's blog).  The part of today's adventure that I didn't know about was that we would weed ALL along the road in front of our house!  It was a nice surprise!  Mom and I spent only two hours doing this while Ruger lounged in the middle of the road, much like he's doing in the driveway here.  He rose for the very-occasional passing car, otherwise he just did alot of heavy looking-on, when he was awake, that is.  See all that bark mulch?  Underneath is a heavy layer of newspaper which I spent much of last Summer laying and spreading.  It did help, but I didn't get quite close enough to the edge of the road.  Syd shoveled LOADS of free mulch into his truck and into a HUGE pile for me last year.  I will do it again this year - that is, if Syd agrees to that "little part" he played...kidding honey, pleeeaase?

"Looking diligently, lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled."  Heb. 12:15.

Dandelions and burdock roots run way down there!  The nonchalant tug just doesn't do it.  In fact, unless you get in around the base with a spade and really heave on it, the root just won't come.  It reminds me of those sins that have taken root in my life at times.  A little conviction here and there just doesn't solve the problem.  I may nonchalantly confess it to the Lord, knowing full-well that I am not intending to root it out of my life forever.  When I get serious with the Lord and really want them rooted out,  God's spade digs in around them and my heart is freed from their power.  Like the dandelions, this keeps the sin from going to seed and defiling those all around me.

Well, chicken and potatoes are in the oven; dandelions on the side (just kidding).  Have a good evening all.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were serious about the dandelions on the side.I have cooked dandelion greens before and put actual flowers and all in scrambled eggs once.I only did it once.None of us liked it.Oh well.If I had not tried it we wouldn't have known.:)Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete