Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A hot afternoon

I managed to carry a load of laundry up to Mom's, which I was hoping to do today, but didn't dare tell Syd I'd get a load done because I didn't know if this summer cold would allow me to have the energy.  I tried carrying the basket on my head; I don't know how those ladies do that with their heavy baskets!

Mom and I ate out on the porch and we identified some of the wildflowers that are in bloom right now, most of which we knew.  One new one; sheep sorrell.  It's "grasslike" and the masses give a beautiful red hue to the fields.  They're actually tiny clusters of flowers growing on a short stalk.  One that we had identified last year, field pussytoes, is out right now also.  Along with these, Darling Hill is covered in asters, goats beard, clover and buttercups.  I mowed near Mom's house on Sunday afternoon, but left large clumps of asters on the bank.   Someday I'll learn how to post little pictures alongside all these descriptions.  I've so enjoyed other's blogs as they do this.

Now the dishes are almost done and I'm steeping tea on the windowsill.  Ruger's laid out, enjoying the "dog days" of summer in the shade of the car.  It's 85 degrees out there and I'm thankful that it hasn't made its way indoors yet. Chicken's thawing but I have no idea (and no appetite) what I'll be doing with it later.

I hope you are all well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I figured out how to find your blog.:)I had forgotten that I could click on your comment and it would take me to your blog.Glad I remembered.:)
    I thought it was funny you took chicken out to thaw too.I had taken some out and was thawing it with no plan when I thought I better at least throw it in the crockpot with some HOT sauce.:)Maybe I will make rice later.Glad that we found you here.This will be fun.Nikki

    ReplyDelete