Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My first day as a Blogger

We've moved into the 21st century on Darling Hill!  As of Friday we are connected to the internet at all times!  This has prompted me to try blogging, as I'm now not wasting "local minutes" on our phone line.  I'm afraid it won't be very imaginative today, as I am home sick and my head is not very clear.

Being sick brings with it some very good points.  First of all, I can be HOME!  Secondly, I was able to log onto WMUU today and listen to some beautiful music and hear a few excerpts from Beneth Jones, Sunshine on the Soapsuds.  These are very refreshing to me, as we have nothing like this christian radio here in the Northeast.  It makes me miss all those years when life was simple, though we struggled to send Syd through school.  The Lord used those years to draw us so close to Himself.  I sometimes wish we were not so "settled" here, back in Vermont.  For the first time we have a piece of property and a little cabin which was built with the help of many of our friends and family.  True, the Lord has given this all to us and we are very thankful for it.  I still do believe that He may launch us out again, to some "unknown" one day.

Today, I am thankful for God's Word.  I just left the couch after reading the wonderful verses in Psalm 19. "More to be desired are they (the words of God) than gold,  yea than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey, and the honeycomb".

As I have entitled this blog, "Daily Musings on the Hill", I share the following verse: "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer". Psalm 19:14

Now I go into the "unknown" of this day.  Only the Lord knows what will happen today.  It is an adventure, as our Pastor reminds us each week from the pulpit.  As a born again believer, I am totally in the Lord's hands.  Whatever He brings into my life today will be for a reason and He will use it to accomplish His perfect will in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment