Sunday, June 19, 2011

Softer Blue, Sweeter Green

I do believe that this was the most beautiful morning I have seen on the Hill this Spring.  It's amazing that Summer is getting ready to start.  We have had a wonderful amount of rain.  I try not to complain about rain (though many areas have had just terrible flooding, I realize) because the Lord only knows how much we will get or not get during the Summer months.


"He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.  They give drink to every beast of the field; the wild asses quench their thirst.  By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches."  Psalm 104:10-12


As I had coffee with my mom on her deck this morning,  the greens of the field and trees were almost overwhelming.  Layers and layers of color; bright green to deep, rich greens; blue green to blues; then in the distance, purple mountains of our neighboring state.   As quiet as it was, when I closed my eyes I realized just how much was going on around us.  There was a bluejay giving some kind of instruction from a nearby tree, likely warning the other birds that he was ready to approach the feeder; crickets rubbed their little legs together in the grass; dogs barked in the distance;  Ravens flew overhead, crying out, "Awk, awk."  An occasional hen squawked from the farm across the field; and even a truck could be heard, laboring its way up the main road far below.


Most of you who have visited me here before know that I am a born again believer; trusting the Lord Jesus Christ's death and resurrection, which has brought me from separation because of sin, back into a relationship to my heavenly Creator.   Today was another Lord's Day and we had a special time listening to the reading and teaching of God's Word.  It is by the work of my Savior that I grow more and more into what God wants me to be.  In II Cor. 3:18 it says that is is by gazing into God's mirror (glass) that He makes me into the same image, from glory to glory (from one stage of growth into another).  I am so glad that this is a lifelong process.  He will never stops His work in me until one day when He'll take me home to be with Him.  Does this take all the responsibility off ME?  No.  I must choose to look into the Bible for the instruction that the Lord wants to give me.   When I make the right decisions, He does the actual changing.  


It may seem that these truths don't really relate to the beginning of my post today.  I suppose that the fact that I know that the Lord is in control of the work of changing me from the inside, does make me more atune to how He controls all nature around me though. 


I leave you with just a few drawings and these words from a hymn we sang today, entitiled "I am His and He is Mine" 




"Heaven above is softer blue; earth around is sweeter green; something lives in every hue, Christ-less eyes have never seen; birds with gladder songs o'erflow; flowers with deeper beauty shine; Since I know as now I know; I am His and He is mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment