Monday, June 20, 2011

A Toad to Remember

My little niece and I worked hard to get the following picture.
We had found a wonderful toadstool and it was not long afterwards that she had spotted a toad which we certainly thought would go perfect with our earlier discovery.

Though we all know that toads should naturally wish to sit on toadstools, this little fellow did not seem to realize this fact at all.

I held the camera and tried to assist Beth in coaxing our new friend to sit still and say "cheese".  I'm not sure how many times he leapt from his perch.  Each time that he was replaced, I would get "camera ready" while Beth held up her small hands to create a barrier -- only to see him leap in the opposite direction!  Our patience wearing thin, the toad sensing it I'm sure; Beth would carefully place our subject back on his stool--holding her hand over the little acrobat until I was again set for the perfect shot.

As you can see our toad is a bit fuzzy--yet in real life he had the usual wart-laden surface.  We were SO happy to experience the camera "click" only a millisecond before he was off again, this time allowed to hop to the safety of some tall grass.

When you decide to work with toads, choose a sturdy stool, bring along a companion and be ready for your patience to be tried.  In our experience, this was certainly a toad to remember.

I hope you all have a nice, adventure-filled day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so funny! I could just picture the work involved. Must have been one confused toad not to know he should wish to sit on a toadstool! And that certainly is an amazing toadstool, as well. Right out of a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete