Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow Days

We are experiencing another snowy day - two in a row! The rains came this morning and froze onto everything. Before I left for work I decided to take the dogs out for a walk. It was still quite dark and we took off up Darling Hill Road. Sturm is still on a leash and did he take me for a WALK! It was more like a RUN! I don't know how a creature with 9 inch legs can move so fast. We have a little haulter for him and he pulls like a sled dog, trying to keep up with Ruger. It's so funny. Normally I don't like to have to leash the dogs on the hill, but we're trying to be sure Sturm is very used to being with us and listening to our commands, coming home the same way each time, etc. before we let him run off. He is so bold and inquisitive, I can imagine he'll get off on rabbit and squirrel trails quite easily. I thought no dog could love the snow as much as a lab, but Sturm equals Ruger's enthusiasm, perhaps surpasses it! Yesterday he leaped through the mounding snow and dug down with his nose, throwing snow in the air. He has no hair and tiny little feet - you'd think he'd freeze in a minute, but he really enjoys it.

Here are a few pics from our noon walk. We just got back from Mom's house and I figured they needed a little exercise before being shut up in the house again. As you can see, they got exercise!

 first comes the face-off
 Uh, oh - Here he comes!

 Okay Ruger, say "aaawwrrrgh!"
 Now Sturm, say "aaawwrrrgh!"
 Snow's a-flyin'
okay, "Retreat!"

You can't hear the snarling and growling going on here. I pretty much had to just keep snapping pictures and hope something happened when the camera went off. As you can see, Sturm's not afraid of Ruger. It was a good time in the snow.  It's nice because the temperatures are still low 30s, so not cold yet. There's a lull in the snow right now but it's supposed to continue till midnight. I love snow days. Though I have to work, it's right here in town, so that's nice.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like they are having a GREAT time! Praying the weather is not snow on Sunday :)... any other day I don't mind snow:).

    ReplyDelete