Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Established!

"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established." Prov. 16:3

We live in a depressed world. If you're a Christian, dear friend, I hope and pray that you can rise above it with the Lord. Imagine if we wallowed in our sin and past failures, that we just wouldn't let the Lord carry us on to do great exploits for Him. I've had periods of wallowing this way. It's a reproach to my Lord though.

I'm glad you stopped by the Hill today and leave you with a thought that God's Spirit helped me see this morning. I read from Matthew 26, where Jesus told his disciples to sit in the garden while He went to the Father in prayer. He told them to "watch with me". Jesus approached them three times and told them to watch. They kept failing Him, falling asleep on the job. Finally He came, finding them asleep again. They had failed in this instance. He then told them to "rise, let us be going"... on to the next work that was ahead. Imagine if those disciples wallowed in their failure; if Peter wallowed in his utter failure of actually denying with a curse, his Lord and Savior? When God gives forgiveness, He gives it FULLY. A Christian today who has failed Him, but comes in honest confession to God, can be carried on to be bountifully used of Him! Some live as though we have "the curse of God" on our life and just cannot be used of Him anymore.

If you're like me, your thoughts can get you into trouble. Depression can set into anyone's life as we let past failure pull us down. Our thoughts CAN be "established" rightly. It will happen as we commit our works unto the Lord daily, momentarily. These were encouraging verses and thoughts to my heart today. I hope, to yours also.

No comments:

Post a Comment