Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Family and Friends, Near and Far

Yesterday was a special one to me. Though MANY thousands of people share your birthdate, it's friends and family who make it special to you. Thanks to all who made it a special day! I worked at the Post office and had surprises throughout the day. The evening before, Mom and Sarah had a nice dinner for us. My friend, Dottie, brought me these beautiful flowers and the yummy cupcakes (I wish you could have seen the "cupcake tree"). Phone calls came in from people you just don't get to see every day. Sweet Syd remembered my love of white flowers with lily of the valley and a white lilac to plant this Spring. He'd already gotten two white rose bushes. Cards came from special friends, a few are shown here, others hang by my PO desk.


A big surprise came at the end of the day. Our post office almost never gets 1st class mail delivered at the end of the day. Last night I picked up a half-sized letter tray, cut the strap and inside there was only ONE lone letter. I don't know if you can see it, here in the foreground, but it says "Deliver to: Cynthia Veysey..." my address followed. It was such a surprise and joy. A birthday letter from Syd's Mom. She wrote in it that she was sorry that it would be getting to me late. I can't wait to tell her that it wasn't!

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them they are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with thee." Psalm 139:17,18

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday :)! Looks like you had a very special day!!! Thank you for the note it made our day too :)!
    Have a blessed day, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday a little late! I'm glad it was such a special one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to be so late wishing you Happy Birthday. I am happy to see that you had a wonderful day. I can just see all those white flowers abloom in your garden! I hope real Spring is here to stay for a bit this time. We had lots of rain last night and this morning the grass is really GREEN ! Isn't it time for our "birthday lunch out" ? Blessings, Dottie and Den

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday - sounds like you had a good day!

    Love you,
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete