Wednesday, July 10, 2013

God's Promises are "Yea"!

Multi-tasking this morning brought me to doing dishes and listening to a precious sermon at the same time, which I try to do often. This morning's message was a special blessing from II Corinthians 1:20.

"For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." 

Put the promises of God in your cart!  As I go down the aisles of Scripture I can know that God gives me His promises. Two things that the speaker said though, were good reminders:

Read the label; is this promise addressed to you (or are you getting someone else's mail?) or (for instance) is it for the nation of Israel? or perhaps addressed to a specific individual? 
(r.e. Haggai 2:23, to Zerubbabel)

Due to the fact that Syd cannot eat certain migraine-causing substances, I am a huge label reader! I also work at the Post office, so these questions stood out to me.

Is the promise conditional? and am I submitting to the condition? Psalm 37:4  It is easy to say, "He shall give thee the desires of thine heart", but am I truly delighting myself in the Lord?

At this time I'm experiencing some changes in my body which seem to affect  me emotionally. Am I faithfully committing every area and instance, where irritating "rubs" come along, to my heavenly Father?  I say to myself, 'If not, I am out of the will of God!'
His Word tells me I cannot just "grin and bear it", gritting my teeth all the way, but 
"...unto all patience and longsuffering, with JOYFULNESS..." Colossians1:11

The most important thing to me right now is that I stay in the Word of God so that I can faithfully do my daily tasks. 
Our heavenly Father is so good to us!  He's given me an opportunity to take orders for "name rocks" (my own I have at my PO window) At 5:30 this morning I was delivering my rocks to the Post Office, as this particular "order" came from one of the girls who works there. Here are a few pictures, which don't show the intricate detail, but gives an idea of what they look like:
Her order was for 10 "sister's" rocks (all her sisters and sister-in-laws) and for all 6 of her grandchildren




these are a little blurry, sorry

All boxed and ready to go out the door
I was able to finish the last three up last night. It was a fun project.
I'm so thankful that you stopped by Darling Hill today.  Come back and visit often!


1 comment: