Monday, March 3, 2014

Count it All Joy!

We celebrated the 85th birthday of a very special lady this past week. It was Mom's birthday!

Syd made her a yummy Boston Creme cake and even ganache (minus the rum) for the top. How pretty and scrumptious! He's a wonderful son in law, by the way -  as well as the best husband ever! At church we all sang to her on the Sunday before her birthday. Thanks, Nikki, for having your always-ready camera and sending along this photo.

As our parents age they are certainly faced with new trials. I fail so miserably to learn the lessons that the Lord is trying to teach ME as we go through these trials with Mom. I praise Him for her faithfulness to continue to lead the way in praising God for every day that we spend on earth.

As I was reading from James 1 this morning these thoughts also came to my mind: life lessons that I learned from Mom early on, which have stuck with me through life (though I don't always display them properly or continually). I am thankful that she gave me a good foundation and nearly the most perfect example of what a mother is!

I'm sorry that this says"waling" instead of "walking". I spent so much time on this then took a "screen shot" without editing...such a novice at this stuff! 
Any of you who know my Mom can attest to the fact that she WALKS and PRAYS to God on a daily basis. She shares the importance of "just taking everything to Him in prayer whenever He brings someone to mind" most every time we talk or pray together. It is Mom's simple, childlike faith that the Lord has used more and more through these last few years to conform me more to His image and as I watch her become more like the Lord every day.

I'm glad you stopped up on Darling Hill today to share these thoughts on the life of a Godly woman. We can count it all joy as we're faced with divers life-situations, trials, that we find all around us, as He uses these things to teach us patience and make us "entire".


“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into diver temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:2-4



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely testimony about your mom. One can just see the joy of the Lord radiating from her face. It is so fantastic that even though age and confusion may have taken some toll, that her relationship with the Lord is still so sweet and real to her. She is blessed -- and so are you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your Mom a big Birthday hug from me (and Sam too) and wish her a belated Happy Birthday from us. Did you know my Mom broke her foot the day before her birthday in January? She is still in a walking cast and getting around with a walker. She says she is getting along "fine" - she's one tough lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your wonderful Mom! I totally forgot to send her a card and am so ashamed! I will call her tonight!
    She looks SO good and happy with her lovely cake! tell Syd we will be up after mud season and are hoping he might have one of those around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell Syd that (about the need for a Boston Creme cake), Dottie! We'll all celebrate the end of mud season together! It was so good to talk to you this afternoon too.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday again to your Mom! She is one VERY special lady. She has blessed our family so much. We often talk about her :) ... her thankfulness and how she is always praising God, how much we all love her, etc...
    The cake was delicious :).
    ~ Love your terrible about commenting friend :(
    I do love to read here though :)!

    Hope you are having a good week and staying healthy up on your hill. Lord willing we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your mom!!! I am a little late getting here! :)

    ReplyDelete