Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Let Me Count the Ways

“Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made; Were every stalk on earth a quill and every man a scribe by trade; 
To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry; 
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!”

-hymn
"We love Him, because He first loved us." I John 4:19

Today's musings on the Hill are simply on the love of God and my love, or lack of love, for Him. The Scriptures from I Peter 1 and I John.

After reading God's Word today, the kitchen sermon was called, The Many Reasons We Love Jesus (I don't think that was the exact title). One thing I was especially reminded of was that, if God's words are grievous to me, it is because I do not love Him as I should. The Bible simply states that His words are not grievous. 

Much like the stanza of the hymn above, I couldn't begin to express all that is in my heart, some things were simply reminders, some strong rebukes, all of it is there to meditate on and to DO. 

Now to go out and DO God's Word in obedience and by His grace. I hope that your day is a blessing. Thank you for stepping up on Darling Hill today.

No comments:

Post a Comment