Friday, January 16, 2015

Two Books on the Shelf

There are two books on the shelf;
“Pleasing God” or “Pleasing Self”.

I hope you have a wonderful day today. The below zero temperatures are behind us for this week, though I hear we may see a little more tonight. Praise the Lord for the wood stove and a warm place to live!

Today, in studying the fruit of the Spirit; God's love being listed first...I ask myself...
..."Is LOVE the controlling force of my life?"

God is doing a work within the life of any believer who is obediently walking in his Word and presence throughout the day - even if we do not see it. He is the all powerful God.

One more thing I learned about today, "yick yack", I had never heard of this internet application that allows people to express their views with "no one knowing who you are". There are so many ways for the internet to ruin people's testimonies! I hope that Christian people, young people perhaps, will realize that GOD KNOWS. He is the one who is conforming us to Himself. Yick yack is just one "means" that could undo much of what He wants to "do".  How sad. The world has such a pull and strong "hold". 

An interesting statistic today: 
The cell phone is now considered an actual extension of a person's body!

Our adversary, the devil is walking about, seeking whom he may devour.

I do hope you have a good day. Thanks so much for stopping by Darling Hill. I hope it was not a discouraging word. I am glad that we serve a God who overcomes the world!

1 comment:

  1. Cell phones do appear to be part of ones body. It really is quite sad really. People can't be without their internet even for a little while. How did we survive a few years ago?? I never heard of Yick Yack.

    ReplyDelete