Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Walking Along, Through Our Mission Field

In the little moments of life are opportunities to meet people who desperately need the Lord Jesus Christ. I was called to minister to one this morning.
If you care to, I would ask you to pray for a young woman, "D", today. 
I am praying for you, other Christians, as your life touches the lives of others. Each believer is on the mission field.

Scripture memorization from James and Ephesians in these past months has shown me how lofty my "theology" sometimes is, but that it does not always 'play out' in the day-to-day steps of my life. By being a "hearer" and not a "doer", I have deceived myself into thinking that I am something that I am not. These convictions stemmed namely from how I use my tongue and what kind of "respecter of persons" I am. The Lord has used the first two chapters of James to chasten me.

Growing and changing...what is my next step? ...after getting up from reading and memorizing precious, living and powerful Scripture...Lord, how do you want me to use it today?

Aren't you thankful that God does not leave it up to US to change ourselves. He only calls us to be obedient to the Spirit of God moment by moment. No small task, but the high calling of God in Christ Jesus!

It has been a long time since I've written on this page! The written blog is a way of PRAISING the Lord for things that He has been doing, but often I don't get around to writing them down, I sadly say.
I hope that your days and weeks have been blessed. It is finally Spring! Soon we'll all be digging into the ground and planting gardens.



“I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of 

the vocation wherewith ye are

called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one 

another in love; Endeavoring to 

keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Ephesians 4:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment