Friday, February 3, 2012

Made Whole

What a beautiful day to stay inside. The sun is bright, skies are blue and it's COLD out there! A bit later Mom and I will go to Evelyn's for a little lunch but for now we're snug in our house.

Such good news came across the blogs from Linda. Regina had posted prayer request for Tenlee over Facebook. An unsaved lady who was asking 'prayers' for Tenlee said that "God spoke to her" (I certainly suppose it was the Lord simply pricking her heart) that Tenlee was not the only one who needed healing. She must have been being prepared by the Lord ahead of time, and she asked the Lord to be her Savior, to heal her from her own sin problem.

We hear these wonderful snippets of testimonials often and all we can say is, the Lord works in people so individually. He knows how to lead people to Himself and He knows the outcome of decisions that are made and one day we will meet some of the very ones we have prayed for and rejoiced over. What a glorious God we serve!

This morning I read about the ten lepers who came to Jesus. They were told to go to the priests and show themselves. The Bible says that as they went they were cleansed. Only one of them, a Samaritan, when he saw that he was healed, turned back and with a loud voice glorified God. Jesus said, "Were not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole." (Luke 17:17-19).

I always have wondered about the nine other lepers who were "cleansed". We know one thing for sure, the Samaritan was "made whole"! One prayer of mine is that I will glorify God at all times, that the Lord will make me single-minded and "whole", as a believer in this world.


While I have been reading and going about my duties here, this has been Sturm and Ruger's post most of the morning - on squirrel watch. Ruger has gone out a few times, heading up to the field above but the crust is quite slick and he doesn't get far. It's funny to watch him slide back down to the hedgerow! I am afraid when we go up to Mom's we may lose him down over the hill, where he'll have to make his way along the edge of the woods to the road, I suppose. 

2 comments:

  1. I was glad to hear that in praying for Tenlee an unsaved lady now has our Lord as her Savior ! It reminded me of how we witness with words or deeds and this quote came to mind, it is one I like. Don't know who it came from. "As a blossom can't tell what becomes of it's fragrance, we can't tell what becomes of our influence."
    A song is out there called 'Faces" and was done by a gospel group, a trio I think. Can't think of their name now but it will come to me when I am not trying! The song is about how we will one day see all the faces of those in whom we have planted a seed and the soil was ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how true, Dottie! What wonderful blessings we have to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete