Friday, February 10, 2012

That Thy Faith Fail Not

Was the moon as beautiful last night and this morning from your vantage point as it was from Darling Hill? As I drove up the road to Mom's last night and saw the moon through the trees, low in the sky, I thought (as I have on other such occasions) that I'd never seen it so big.

Upon awakening and going downstairs this morning, Mom said, "come in here and look at this moon." It was still a large round ball, in the West and shining its way to a beautiful "moonset". She said, "I thought it was the sun at first, but then realized - no, it's in the wrong place!"

What a wonderful thing to be able to behold the beauty that our Creator has put all around us. Today the sun is brilliant and the fields of snow are heavily glazed and shining.

The most wonderful thing is that I am reminded of this morning is how Jesus is in heaven, interceding for me.  As I am still reading through the book of Luke, I come to 22:31 where Jesus foretold of Peter's coming denials. He told Peter that Satan desired to sift him as wheat, but that Jesus had prayed for him, that Peter's faith fail not.  Jesus is in heaven today, interceding for the saints, that our faith fail not (Hebrews 7:25). As I read this I began to pray for my husband, my friends and for myself; we, as believers, are here to be "salt and light" in the world. When we leave our home our entire lives and being are to "live Christ". What a privilege!  Knowing that Jesus is there interceding in heaven for me is something I want to keep ever in the forefront of my mind.  I must remember that, though the Lord is interceding for me, I am still prone to "denying" Him.  Oh, Lord, keep my eyes fixed on thee...that my faith fail not! Thank you that you are in heaven, interceding for me!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image! I wish we could come see you again. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. V,
    The other day as we drove along I mentioned to Josh that the moon looked bigger then usual.It also looked like it just was hanging in the sky.What an amazing creator we have.

    ReplyDelete