Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A "rewording" to a former post...Direct My Heart Into the Love of God

A former post, by the above title, has been changed just a bit, as I had not had it worded well...

I praise God for a husband who encourages me to be in the Word of God daily and for a Pastor who teaches only the truth of the Bible. Just in these lasts months, as I've shared in former posts, The Lord has used various Scripture in my heart to remind me how much deeper and focused He wants me to be. Though some of the means are through listening to sermons throughout the day, Syd and I both know that it is due to a good Bible foundation and consistent Bible teaching day by day, week by week, growing ever closer to Christ, that this desire gets stronger. I suppose that this is what Revival is, focusing in and honing in more each day to allow God to line us up with the Chief Cornerstone. Lord willing (and we know that He is) all believers in the Lord Jesus will desire this "revival" in our hearts more deeply each day. I pray that I do.

I hope that Christians are praying for their local churches; for personal holiness and for spreading of the gospel to lost and desperate souls all around us. I'm praying for me and for you, for pastors and fellow Christians, and for our government leaders. Individuals and government leaders will likely only come to salvation if churches are strong and Christians are showing Jesus Christ to this dying world.


"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." 
II Thessalonians 3:5

"And He gave, some apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ; Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of Christ; That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ; From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Ephesians 4:11-16





No comments:

Post a Comment