Friday, June 6, 2014

God Said It

I am so glad that when we read something from Scripture we can know that it is TRUTH! God cannot lie. On the Lord's Day we are going through the book of Romans. So much of this book speaks of the war of the flesh against the Spirit in a Christian's life, reminding me of a verse in Galatians (5:16), that says, "...walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh". It is TRUE. This verse was one of the first ones that my, then-Pastor (Gibbs) instructed me to memorize. From the time we were baby Christians, he pointed Syd and I to specific verses which he knew would be a help to us throughout our Christian lives. A verse from today's devotional, Feature, is from Philippians 4:6,7

“Be careful for nothing; but in  every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

It referred to this being A Recipe for Peace~how true!

For me, my prayer today, and every day...
By God's grace: 
1. do not worry  
2. pray about everything  3. be thankful !

No comments:

Post a Comment