Monday, July 14, 2014

Blessings and the Wedding Day

“I am the Vine, ye are the branches; he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing.” 
John 15:5

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one, as Thou, Father art in me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.” John 17:20, 21


“And this I say then, walk in the Spirit and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”  Galatians 5:16


For several weeks now the Lord has been interweaving these three verses through daily quiet time, messages at church, Sunday school lessons and online messages. He has the most wonderful way of teaching, reminding, guiding us, "line upon line...precept upon precept...here a little, there a little". I marvel at God's patience with me. He is not in a hurry and as the Lord intercedes for me before God's throne, the Holy Spirit teaches me through God's Word. Christians are privileged to be adopted into the family of God, and called to tell others, "be ye reconciled to God."

This morning there was little time at my house to listen to an entire "kitchen sermon". Through WMUU radio I was able to hear to a podcast of one of their 7 minute devotionals. Again the Lord reminded me (as John 17 verse indicates) that the emphasis of my life should be on lovingly latching onto and maintaining that oneness with God and the Lord Jesus Christ through the truth of the Word. His promises are true. When the world sees a living oneness with God in the believer's life, it surely points them to see who the Lord Jesus is and can lead them to saving faith!

We witnessed the vows of our nephew, Nathan, to his new bride on Saturday.
A perfect day for a wedding!
Nathan and Maria, wed 7/12/14
And a gorgeous setting; on the lovely grounds of a History Museum

The music was given by a very talented violinist
A few last minute words from Dad, perhaps?
Mom did really well. It was lonnnnng day!


brother and sisters of the groom...
Machias

Velora
Bobbi Jo and Danny
A few last photos...



We all loved this one! Nathan and Grammy
couldn't resist snapping this one

A puzzling photo. Wonder what they were discussing here






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Nathan and his Bride!!!
    That is a sweet picture of him with Grammy R.
    Velora is all grown up :( ... time goes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely wedding! Congrats to you Nathan and your bride!

    ReplyDelete