Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Casting and Resting

Special verses from the morning~

"Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you." 
I Peter 5:7

Often we talk, in our Sunday School class, about the promises of God. I pray that the young people just continue to grow up believing that God cannot LIE and always keeps His promises! As an adult, I must remember this too.
I am blessed to be a child of the God who created the world and to just know that when I cast all my care upon Him, He will take care of everything. 

I loved this little snapshot of 'resting'. Here is little Marigold, our neighborhood baby. Yesterday was a hot afternoon, and she was taking full advantage of the cool grass.
"...For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." I Samuel 16:7

How often I had this verse twisted in my mind, trying to use it to my own advantage, at times even as an excuse to not be the outward testimony that I should have been...when perhaps I should have viewed it as, No matter how GOOD I look on the outside; what matters is what God sees, on the inside!

Lord, please let me see things more and more as YOU see them.
"If ye abide in me and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."  John 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment