Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reminders

God gave me a reminder about unity this morning.


Syd and I praise God for a pastor who stands firm upon the Word of God! He always encourages us to pray fervently for people to come and hear the gospel and be saved and has encouraged us to get out there to spread the gospel by word and through the handing out of tracts. I am glad that the Lord called us to this place, a place where the pastor and his family have stood faithful for over 25 years. It is a blessing to drive along the road(s) in our town and pray for each of the families or individuals as we pass in front of their house, in our own town, most or all of whom we do know by name. By God's grace, tracts have been handed out to acquaintances and strangers, leaving the results up to God.

We have prayed for great revival among the Church, universal, "and let it begin in me", as the hymn writer penned it.  I am glad that it is God who begins and finishes His work in me and that He does not give up!

...only by faith, and believing that God will bring the increase! As the Word of God says, when the Lord returns, "will He find faith upon the earth?" Am I willing to have faith, be faithful and believe in His promises? Do I come boldly, or am I so "humble" that I don't dare ask? The Lord has reminded me this week,"Ye have not because ye ask not."

We are not George Mueller, but we pray to George Mueller's God! 
(another reminder God gave me this week)

A blessing today: a sermon through sermonaudio by A. W. Tozer, Unity That Brings Revival, focused upon the unity among believers before revival comes; united in prayer and in work. Please, I do not know a lot about A. W. Tozer (this is not an endorsement) though I have read many of his books through the years. They have brought great blessing to my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment