Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Don't Upset My Nest

We go along our way --never really knowing what our lives are reflecting to others. As a human being, I can only measure my impact on the life of another by what I see of myself. I suppose few of us have even one friend who is faithful enough to want to sharpen us, "as iron sharpeneth iron".

My nest was upset this week. A strong wind swept over and really ruffled my feathers.

Have you ever been misunderstood? --as when a person has come in and robbed us of earthly treasures; we feel violated. Vengance even threatens to overtake us.

In meditation, these word come to me...

I walk along a well-lit path; soft grass and flowers at my feet.
Whistling with crickets; singing the song of breeze and birds.

A word wafts past my ear - "what's that?"
Dark, bitter, unkind --
What have I to hurl back in return?

Rocks appear to trip my feet; Sharp fingers of thorns threaten to reach out and tear the skin.
As foot succumbs to an unseen stone - I fall, headlong to the earth.

A stream spreads wide before my face;
Listen to the cleansing flow.
Pulling myself to its banks, I drink it in ---
"my grace is sufficient for thee"
"fret not thyself in any wise to do evil"
"take no thought for your life"...
--trickles over me.

I sit, feet plunged into the flowing brook; yielding to its pure cool.

The sound of a dove from a nearby flowering shrub leads me back to a mossy path --
--the path of acknowledgement.

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6



I am reminded that all that we can do, and all God asks us to do is walk before Him honestly,
"with open face, beholding in a glass the glory of the Lord."
I read once that God does not give us discernment so that we may criticize, but so that we may intercede.

It's another beautiful day on the hill. I hope that you experience no ruffled feathers today and that your nest is soft and comfortable. Thanks so much for visiting; come often.

2 comments:

  1. Silas was impressed yesterday when he noticed the picture of Ranger on your sidebar.He said I see that dog on the truck at church.:)I guess he probably does not remember him as the others do but it was cute that he made the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete